This team academy will be held on January 30 & 31, February 21, March 7 & 21, 2017; and February 9, 2017 is for Coaches Only.
About the Training:
Primary teachers face a special challenge in providing instruction in all areas of the KCAS ELA standards for grades K-2. The Primary Literacy Academy will focus on combining the teaching of foundational, literary/informational reading, and writing standards to efficiently and explicitly teach to mastery and reduce the number of students who enter grade 3 below grade level. To build school capacity and sustainability, participants will attend as a school team.
- Prioritize and bundle KCAS Foundational, Reading, and Writing Standards at my grade level
- Use KCAS to create relevant learning targets
- Use KCAS to develop rigorous and congruent learning activities
- Write Literacy Instruction plans that integrate Foundational, Reading, and Writing standards
- Plan foundational reading lessons using a multi-sensory approach
Contact Betsy Madison at email@example.com with any questions.